Issaquah Implants and Oral Surgery
Call us today at Issaquah Office Phone Number 425-391-8284 to make an appointment.
The inside of the mouth is normally lined with a special type of skin (mucosa) that is smooth and coral pink in color. Any alteration in this appearance could be a warning sign for a pathological process. The most serious of these is oral cancer. The following symptoms may be present at the beginning:
- Reddish patches (erythroplasia) or whitish patches (leukoplakia) in the mouth
- A sore that fails to heal and bleeds easily
- A lump or thickening of the oral mucosa
- Chronic sore throat or hoarseness
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
Such changes can be found on the lips, cheeks, palate, gums, tongue, face and/or neck. Pain does not always occur with pathology, and curiously, is not often associated with oral cancer. However, any patient with facial and/or oral pain without an obvious cause may still be at risk.
We recommend performing an oral cancer self-examination monthly. Do not ignore suspicious lumps or sores. Please contact us at Issaquah Office Phone Number 425-391-8284 so we can help.